Addressing God: A Study in Psalms
Come and explore with us, diving into the psalms, which speak to our hearts and invite us into an intimate relationship with the God whom the psalmists knew so well. Through the study of God’s Word, small groups, and podcasts we will be transformed by the very prayers and songs that Jesus knew by heart.
Each Monday our weekly podcast, taught by our Lamplighters Teaching Team, will be uploaded.
Interview with Phaedra and David Taylor : September 7
Introduction and Overview : September 14
Reconnect : January 11
Spring Break : March 17
Holy Week and Easter : April 5
Picnic : April 19
Addressing God: A Study of Psalms
- Psalms, The Prayer Book of the Bible by Dietrich Bonhoeffer
- Praying the Psalms by Thomas Merton
- Answering God, the Psalms as Tools for Prayer by Eugene Peterson
- Open & Unafraid by W. David O. Taylor
- David’s Crown by Malcolm Guite (short poems inspired by each psalm. Just ignore the Latin if you aren’t familiar. ☺ )
- The Songs of Jesus by Timothy and Kathy Keller
- Praying with the Psalms by Eugene Peterson
- Walter Brueggemann. The Message of the Psalms
- Warren Wiersbe. Be Worshipful, Psalms 1-89
- Warren Wiersbe. Be Exultant, Psalms 90-150
- The Pilgrim’s Path by Elizabeth Head Black
- Stepping Up, a Journey Through the Psalms of Ascent by Beth Moore
- Glorifying God for Who He Is, the Psalms by Warren Wiersbe
- Bookmark Front and Bookmark Back
- Timothy Keller in The Songs of Jesus: ask and write your answers.
Adore—What did you learn about God for which you could praise or thank Him?
Admit—What did you learn about yourself for which you could repent?
Aspire—What did you learn about life that you could aspire to, ask for, or act on?
- Guided Meditation : Psalm 23
- Music for Psalms
- Personal Lament Links : Jan and Lynn
- Communal Lament : Laura Tuma